Ways to Give
You can make a tax-deductible donation to the Library Foundation securely online or mail your donation to Long Beach Public Library Foundation, 65 Pine Avenue, Suite 875, Long Beach, CA 90802.
If you would like to know more about any of the giving options below, please contact Director of Development Erica Bradley at 562-628-2441 x2 or Erica@lbplfoundation.org.
Donate your birthday, celebrate a holiday, or just show your support for libraries by starting a fundraiser on Facebook for the Library Foundation. You can set a goal and invite your friends to make tax-deductible gifts. Facebook transfers all money raised directly to the Library Foundation without charging any fees. Click the link below, login to your Facebook account and click “Raise Money” to get started.
Start a Facebook Fundraiser
You can support the Library Foundation by shopping online! Login at the link below and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to our organization. Amazon will only make this donation if you sign into Amazon Smile – not Amazon.com or the mobile app – every time you shop.
Shop on Amazon Smile
Employer Matching Gifts
Your employer may match your donation to the Long Beach Public Library Foundation, doubling your impact. Check with your HR department to learn if your company has a policy of matching employee charitable gifts.
Groups and Campaigns
The Library Foundation raises funds for a variety of programs and projects within the Library. Learn about our donor groups and current campaigns.
Our Library Foundation supports the following free programs and enhancements available to the hundreds of thousands of annual visitors of the Long Beach Public Library.
Family Learning Centers
- Homework and job search guidance
- Available at Main Library and neighborhood branches
- One-on-one assistance from trained Learning Guides
- Computer skills training
- English as a second language resources
- SpecialConnect serving families with special needs children
- Technology labs at the Main Library and the Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library, and the Mobile Studio visiting sites and events across the city
- Resources and instruction in 3D printing, robotics, graphic design, and video game design for school projects, art installations, and business concepts
- Free workshops, classes, and lectures on design and developing new ideas shaped by the STEAM educational initiative
- Highly talented Studio Guides providing one-on-one assistance for patrons of all ages and skill levels
- Hundreds of new books purchased every year to add to and update the Library’s catalog
- Community literacy events including the Mayor’s Book Club, highlighting acclaimed authors
- Encouraging families to read 1,000 books before kindergarten through the Dive into Reading program
- A new dictionary for every third grade student in the Long Beach Unified School District and activities to teach dictionary use during the annual Dictionary Days
- Addressing the “summer slide” by engaging K-12 youth and adults in the Summer Reading Program
- Homebound Reader delivery service for ill or injured patrons who cannot visit the Library
Tools for Success
- Scholarships for adults to get a second chance to earn their accredited high school diploma through the Library’s Career Online High School program
- Specialized resources, adaptive technologies, and peer assistance for adults with special needs in the Information Center for People with Disabilities
- Enhancements and 21st century tools in all public libraries