Ways to Give
You can make a tax-deductible donation to the Library Foundation securely online or mail your donation to Long Beach Public Library Foundation, 200 W. Broadway, Long Beach, CA 90802.
If you would like to know more about any of the giving options below, please contact Director of Development Erica Bradley at 562-628-2441 x2 or Erica@lbplfoundation.org.
Donate your birthday, celebrate a holiday, or just show your support for libraries by starting a fundraiser on Facebook for the Library Foundation. You can set a goal and invite your friends to make tax-deductible gifts. Facebook transfers all money raised directly to the Library Foundation without charging any fees. Click the link below, login to your Facebook account and click “Raise Money” to get started.
Start a Facebook Fundraiser
You can support the Library Foundation by shopping online! Login at the link below and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to our organization. Amazon will only make this donation if you sign into Amazon Smile – not Amazon.com or the mobile app – every time you shop.
Shop on Amazon Smile
Employer Matching Gifts
Your employer may match your donation to the Long Beach Public Library Foundation, doubling your impact. Check with your HR department to learn if your company has a policy of matching employee charitable gifts.
Groups and Campaigns
The Library Foundation raises funds for a variety of programs and projects within the Library. Learn about our donor groups and current campaigns.
Our Library Foundation supports the following free programs and enhancements available at the Long Beach Public Library.
Family Learning Centers
- Available at the Billie Jean King Main Library and neighborhood branches
- One-on-one homework help and job search assistance for patrons of all ages
- Online homework help and job search assistance available with a Library card
- Computer skills training
- English as a second language resources
- Supplybraries with resources for school projects
- Technology labs at the Billie Jean King Main Library and the Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library
- The Mobile Studio bringing makerspace Studio resources to all neighborhood branch libraries as well as parks, schools, and community events
- Instruction in 3D printing, robotics, coding, graphic design, audio and visual recording, video game design, and a variety of mediums for school projects, art installations, and business concepts
- Highly talented Studio Guides providing workshops and one-on-one assistance for patrons of all ages and skill levels
Literacy Support at All Levels
- Hundreds of new books purchased every year to update the Library’s catalog
- Tools and events to support parents and guardians as they read 1,000+ books to their children before kindergarten through the Dive into Reading program
- One-on-one tutoring through the LB Reads program for adults who struggle with reading and writing
- A new dictionary/thesaurus for every Long Beach Unified School District 3rd grade student
- Addressing the “summer slide” and engaging K-12 youth and their families in the Summer Reading Program
- Homebound Reader delivery service for ill or injured patrons
Tools for Success
- Scholarships for adults to earn their accredited high school diploma through the Library’s Career Online High School
- New computers, laptops and other technological resources to help bridge the digital divide in Long Beach
- Specialized resources, adaptive technologies, and peer assistance for adults with special needs at the Billie Jean King Main Library and Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library
- Enhancements and resources at all 12 public libraries